суббота, 10 декабря 2011 г.

Google We dont need Chrome OS we want cloud login for PCs | ZDNet

The concept behind a unified login and cloud integration is sound, but not with a limited desktop OS.

Jason Perlow | December 9, 2011, 1:00pm PST

The concept behind a unified login and cloud integration is sound, but not with a limited desktop OS.

For about six months, Google’s Chromebooks have been available in the retail channel. And compared to sales of tablets, they’ve been essentially a dud in the marketplace. Poor Sales of Chromebooks won’t stop Google from promoting Chrome OS ChromeOS? Sign Me Up. Chromebooks? Not So Much. Chromebooks: The Choice of the AARP Generation? Personally, I’ve had mixed results with Chrome OS. On one hand, I’ve found the software pretty resilient and maintenance free. After I was done beta testing the CR-48 myself, I gave it to my mother-in-law. She LOVES the thing. As in, I h...