понедельник, 11 июня 2012 г.

Samsung Chromebox Chrome OS meets the desktop | Computerworld Blogs

The Chromebox brings Google's Chrome OS into the world of desktop computing. Here's a hands-on look at how the cloud-centric PC stacks up.

June 11, 2012 2:46 PM EDT

-- the custom laptop built to run Google's cloud-centric platform. Now, though, the Chromebook has a new friend: the Chromebox, Google's first attempt at bringing cloud computing into the world of desktop PCs. , manufactured by Samsung and available for $329, is exactly what you'd expect: Chrome OS in a box. A small box, too: The Chromebox is a square 7.6 inches that sits just 1.3 inches tall. But inside that box sits a large amount of power. In case you haven't been following along, I've been using Chrome OS for the bulk of my computing needs these past several days. It's part of my ; I wanted to immerse myself in Google's lat...